Are you looking to take the next step in your career as a Quantity Surveyor?
Due to increasing workload we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic assistant/intermediate level Quantity Surveyor to join the team at our busy office in Central London.
We are a consultancy of Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers and Building Surveyors with offices in Surrey, London and Bath. Established in 1967, our wide range of experience covers new builds, extensions, alterations, refurbishments and conservation work. We work with private and public sector clients. Project values range from £500K up to £50m across a wide variety of sectors including residential, commercial, education, retail, leisure, and conservation.
We are privileged to have some amazing clients across a wide portfolio of projects, from luxurious new homes for private individuals through to exciting high-profile projects for prestigious blue-chip clients… and everything in between.
We like to think that we offer a career that is different to the norm. Working at MEA is never boring! We have extremely high staff retention rate and believe this is due to our unique working environment which provides a professional yet relaxed and supportive atmosphere.
- Working as a key member of our London team. Taking a supporting or lead role delivering a project’s QS duties from inception to completion, subject to experience.
- Preparation of initial and subsequent cost planning models
- Preparation and implementation of procurement strategies
- Preparation of tender documents
- Preparation of contract documents
- Cost management during the construction phase comprising valuations, agreement of variations and preparation of cost reports
- Agreement of final account
- Regular client and design team contact
- Opportunity to progress into project management roles
We are looking for…
- A minimum of 2 years of recent relevant UK experience in a consultancy environment
- A construction-related Degree or similar qualification
- Strong measurement, numeracy and financial management skills
- Strong organisational skills together with the ability to work flexibly and under pressure
- Professional attitude with excellent communication skills
- Desire to learn and progress your career
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Collaborative style of working
We can offer…
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Central London offices
- Wide variety of experience
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
To apply send your CV and covering letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org